by Jackie Potts
Earlier this month, we revealed the top 5 Things to Say to Women, according to a poll in The Daily Mail. Now, we’re presenting the flip side for women: 5 things to say to a guy you like that he actually wants to hear.
Sometimes we make the mistake of trying to talk to men like they’re our girlfriends. We might inadvertently share news about “that cute new guy” at work, or push a crush to share feelings he’s not yet ready to reveal.
The thing is: Guys aren’t our girlfriends. They’re not always psyched to hear about your new manicure or probe why they’re clashing with the boss. Sometimes they just want to chill with some wings and beer.
These lines were contributed by real men folk, and we hope they’ll work whether you’re just trying to approach that hottie at Starbucks or want to nudge things along with a guy you’ve just started seeing.
- “Hi, I have a Playstation.”
- “I just want you to be yourself.” (This can mean understanding when he wants to spend a Friday night working on a personal project or even watching the new Ultimate Fighting match.)
- “I’m behind you 100%. Whatever you want to do.” (Ladies, you don’t always have to be in control.)
- “Which action movie do you want to see this weekend?” (Let him pick the movie. It probably won’t be so bad LOL.)
- “Why don’t you go out with your friends (and see that movie) tonight — you deserve it.” (If it really is that bad.)
Our man-pals also suggested women avoid saying these things to guys:
“Wow, that guy’s hot” (about someone else). “Why are you so quiet? Is something wrong?”
And men say they really hate it when women make them dance in public. Guess they’re not all Magic Mike wannabes.